There are cults in Nigeria, secret cults that abounds, there are cults in Primary schools, secondary schools, and of course the higher institutes, the Universities, Polytechnics, and college of education.
Each is school whatever the level has its own cult, especially primary and secondary schools, the cults in this schools are L.G.A and state based, so they operate on this level.
For the sake of accuracy I will not mention the cults that are in Primary and Secondary schools, because they are many and does not cut across many Nigerian schools.
So our focus will be on Naija higher institutions. The cults existing there are popular and unlike its lesser counterparts, they cut across many Nigerian Tertiary Institute.
1. Pyrate confranternity AKA Sea Dogs
The Pyrate confraternity is arguably the first secret cult in the Nigerain University system. The mother of all cults as it were.
It’s objectives thus “against moribund convention, tribalism, for humanistic ideas and comradeship and chivalry” they insisted on an African content in a White-oriented Campus. But this halycon days soon passed by when the Buccaneers splited from them.
2. Buccaneers Confraternity AKA National Associations of Sea Lords
Founded by Bolaji Carew the dead man who is at the same time alive, the Buccaneers came to be very powerful and become the main rival to their mother Pyrate Confraternity (they splittered from them)
3. The Supreme Eiye Confraternity (also known as the National Association of Air Lords) was formed in the University of Ibadan in 1965.
4. The Neo-Black Movement of Africa(also called Black Axe) emerged from the University of Beninin Edo State.
The following were founded in Calabar Cross River in 1983 under the name Eternal Fraternal Order of the Legion Consortium
5. Klan Konfraternity
6. Supreme Vikings Confraternity (the Adventurers or, alternately, the De Norsemen Club of Nigeria)
7. Family Confraternity (the Campus Mafia or the Mafia) Founded in Abia state University, ABSUU. The Mafians modeled itself after the Italian Mafia.
8. The Brotherhood of the Blood (also known as Two-Two (Black Beret)), another confraternity, was founded at Enugu State University of Science and Technology ESUT.
9. Victor Charlie Boys
This cult was established by one Augustine Ahiazu when he was vice-chancellor of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology
Other cult groups in Nigeria are
10. Second Son of Satan (SSS)
11. Night Cadet
13. Mgba Mgba Brothers
14. Temple of Eden
16. Horse Jurists
17. White Bishops
18. Gentlemen Clubs,
21. Dreaded Friend of Friends
22. Eagle Club
23. Black Scorpion
24. Red Sea Horse
25. Fraternity of Friends
27. Klansmen Konfraternity
Women cults groups
29. Black Brazier (Bra Bra)
31. Daughters of Jezebel
32. the Damsel.